Friday 15 June 2018

Day 56 - Gerroa

The weather's coming, the weather's coming! Time to flee the scene and head north east. After Les took the bike for a spin and approved it fit for riding (and confirming that a cruiser could be on the horizon for him), I headed off via 'gatha, Mirboo North to Morwell.

As soon as I hit "The Valley" I could smell the smoke and associated pollutants. So sad. Then it was east to Sale for a morning coffee with a fine tail wind.

Deadset 95% of all of Victoria's Road funding must be being spent between Morwell and the Vic/ NSW border it was unreal, a constant 80, 60, 40kmph, repeat, in what would normally be 110. 

Stopped in Cann River for lunch. Yes, a cold stretch of road as always. I arrived at Eden around 2:30pm which was too early to call it a day.

So I figured I'd aim for Gerroa where we have a little onsite caravan.

Refuelled and stood the bike upright at Nowra. The 40kmph cross wind put a bit of wear onto the left hand side of the tyre. And was damn hard keeping a line anywhere, let alone the left hand side of the road.

Road kill was interesting today with koala around Mirboo North, followed by deer, then wallaby, wombat, roo, fox and finally possum. Without doubt the most varied to date. It was a bit disconcerting as a couple of the wallaby were very fresh (but not moving). 

So tonight I'm sleeping in my own bed, just not at home. 




No comments:

Post a Comment