Friday 1 June 2018

Day 42 - Balladonia

Welcome to the first day of winter. Dressed in my thermals today as we were heading to Cocklebiddy.
Fuelled up and headed south along the Goldfields Highway. A lovely sunny day if a tad cool.
Stopped to get a pic of the beautiful Salmon Gums, then onto Lake Cowan for a pic.

Fuel and coffee at Norseman before turning east for Balladonia, our next fuel stop. Turned off to call into Fraser Range Station.
Fuel and Chiko roll at Balladonia and checked out the Skylab remains. Out onto the highway and a bit over a kilometre as I'm still getting up to speed the engine takes off. At first I thought the clutch plates had failed. But I now believe it's not that simple. I believe it's the secondary bevel gears, which means that it's probably terminal. To repair it's an engine removal and a split to replace the primary bevel.
The nearest Suzuki dealer is at Esperance. The bike and I will be picked up tomorrow arvo and spend Saturday and Sunday in Norseman before heading on to Esperance Monday (which is a public holiday in WA). Tuesday I hopefully will get it into the workshop to assess the situation and decide on next move.
Meanwhile Rog will be heading off east tomorrow to......?






3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear Lindsay. Hope you can get it sorted to finish your adventure. Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear. Must be all those chiko rolls as you have gone around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been slow catching up on your news. Bummer. Hope you get it sorted one way or another.

    ReplyDelete