Saturday 9 June 2018

Day 50 - Kimba

6c and a pea souper to greet the morning. So decided to have my toast and coffee before leaving. 8:15 and still thicker than a Collingwood supporter. I got a picture of a fogbow. Looked brilliant, unfortunately the pic again doesn't do it justice. 

Headed off slowly to The a Head of the Bight. Brilliant! And halve a dozen whales too boot. 

No flog!!
I got 2km over the hill and into the fog again. By now it's 10am! The fog finally cleared at 11:45 as I rode into Yalata. A GN told me it got as high as 13c. I thought it was cool. It was strange riding along with the fog forming clouds about 50' above you.
Onward to Penong, home of Australia's largest windmill. I rolled through Ceduna and on to Kimba for the night just before sundown. Kimba's claim to fame is that it thinks it's halfway across Australia. I question that, but who am I to say? I rode through the cold front under rain clouds and by the time I got to Kimba it was the warmest it had been all day at 15c.

I can't fault the Eyre highway, it's been very good and smooth.

My travel companion Wikicamps says that the Kimba roadhouse curries are the best. So I've travelled halfway across Australia for a Kimba vindaloo! Not as hot as I expected and I hope like hell that I won't be paying for it tomorrow. 











No comments:

Post a Comment