Sunday 3 June 2018

Day 44 - Norseman wait

A sleep in today until 7:00am. I wandered over to the Caltex servo for my cheapest purchased breakie to date. $5 for toast and coffee. I guess this offsets the $2:50 dim sim of last week.
I filled the water bottle and set out to explore Norseman. I started with the Norseman Beacon Lookout. As I started out a couple of trucks came into the Servo for fuel. They were moving a couple of mining trucks from Kalgoorlie over to a mine in SA. The truck diesel was out so they acted like GNs and used the standard diesel pumps. I suspect it took three times as long to fuel up.
I wandered up through the scrub rather than up the paved road. This took me via a drilling core holding yard. When I arrived at the top I meet a couple also doing the block with a group of riders. I took a direct route down from the lookout that brought me into the heart of the Norseman Gold goldmine. Apparently it's mothballed until gold prices pick up. The town was extremely quiet with only the odd GN passing through.
If nothing else I got some needed exercise today.
So where's Rog?
Just got a call from him at Ceduna. Lots of Roo and wombat road kill across the Nullarbor, but a good road.












1 comment:

  1. Gday Lindsay. Just catching up on the goings on. Bad luck about the bike. Hopefully it can be repaired and you can catch up with Rog. I reckon you might have missed an opportunity with all those backpackers in the tow truck ....... or did you ....... Keep adventuring!

    ReplyDelete